Friday, June 1, 2012

On a Mission

Wow, it's been a long time since I blogged. Two months to be exact. I haven't been feeling inspired to write at all and I'm not sure why. Writing is usually the first way I go to express myself...texts, emails, blog posts, Facebook and Twitter posts...writing is usually the way that I express myself best. But lately - pretty uninspired.

I've had a lot of upheaval lately (good and bad) and I am feeling unraveled. Everything is fine, I am just working on adjusting to a new schedule at work, teaching more (thus eating more), a bathroom remodel, taking over the Presidency of Les Dames d'Escoffier (a huge milestone in my career) and some family and friends who are suffering and in need of my support. Some incredible things, some heartbreaking things, including the loss of a dear friend's three year old daughter.

Dear Sweet Elizabeth Grice, 3, who went home to God on Sunday, May 20.
Her mom, Sandy, is a dear friend of mine and we are all running and walking in the Ronald McDonald House/Hope Children's Hospital 5K this Sunday, June 3. The RMH was Sandy and her husband Paulie and their oldest daughter, Abigail's, home for a long time during little Elizabeth's many surgeries. If you are interested in donating to Team Elizabeth Grice to benefit the Ronald McDonald House/Hope Children's Hospital Charity, please visit this web site: http://www.active.com/donate/runningforhope2012/SGrice4. I'm going for a running PR in honor of this darling girl and her incredible family. 

It's all been a lot for me, emotionally, and instead of processing it I have been shutting down and being very hermit-y. Also, my weight loss has completely stalled and I'd love to say that I just can't figure out what the problem is but frankly, I'm working out less and eating (and drinking) more. No excuses. I haven't been doing what I know works to get more weight off.
The night I accepted the Presidency of the Chicago Chapter of Les Dames d'Escoffier at the Ritz Carlton in Chicago. With two good friends, Candance Barocci Warner and Nancy Brussat. One of the biggest milestones of my career.


I keep reiterating to people that the pursuit of fitness, health and weight loss has nothing to do with motivation and everything to do with the desire to change, which I still 100 percent stand by and believe, but lately, the change apparently has been less important to me. I am still stuck at just over 200 pounds (207.4 to be exact) and I haven't been under 200 pounds in 20 years. WHY CAN'T I KEEP GOING TO GET UNDER 200? I don't know, but I am on a mission to not only figure out what my issue is (so I am back to going to therapy once a week rather than once every two weeks) but also to kick it back into gear to get under than damn number. I know, I know. It's not about the number but how you feel, etc. I KNOW. But it is about THIS number for me. I have some sort of mental block about getting under 200 pounds and I need to figure it the hell out!

At the 2011 Batavia Triathlon. The 2012 Triathlon is June 10 this year. I can't wait to see how I do 60 pounds lighter! With Meg and Liz.


So, to help me to this, I am going to take a page from a weight loss blogger I admire (The Anti-Jared) and I am going to post my weight daily (YES, DAILY) as well as a short blog post about how it's going until my birthday on July 3. I want to lose 8 pounds as the ultimate 38th birthday to myself and I feel like this will keep me accountable, and help me process all of the nuttiness in my life by doing something that is very therapeutic for me (writing).

Your encouragement, posts, tweets, texts, emails and calls are welcomed and encouraged. I need my incredible support system to help me accomplish this next huge goal. I know 8 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, but it is to me and will get me to a goal I've been dreaming about for 20 years.

So today is day one of the daily weight loss blog. Weight: 207.4. I mean, I lost 52 pounds in 14 weeks doing Fat Chef so I can do this, right? RIGHT?

3 comments:

  1. Go Bucko go!! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can don't Jen!! Definitely rooting for you as I haven't been under 200 pounds for quite some time myself....go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete