Monday, June 18, 2012

Days 16, 17 and 18 - Weight Loss Diary - Bad Girl

I was a bad girl this weekend and I couldn't face the music. I weighed in on Saturday and was 203.7...yay! Then I had Dinner Club Saturday night and went a little nuts. The food was actually quite healthy (minus the cake balls, of which I ate three), but I drank a lot of wine. I actually ended up staying the night because I couldn't drive. It was pretty funny the next morning doing the "walk of shame" with my dress rolled up in a ball in a plastic grocery bag and sheepishly walking to my car wearing my friend Meg's sweats and my high heels from the night before. I'm sure I looked a spectacle but at least it was innocent enough. I came home and crashed then went to Indiana to see my family and ate a lot there, too.

So, I weighed in this morning and was 207.4. Eeeep. Paying the piper. I don't think I actually gained 4 pounds in two days, but I am bloated and gross from pretending like was a member of the Rolling Stones (circa 1980) this weekend. It's fun to party like a rock star every once in a while though, even if afterwards I look like Mick Jagger (circa 2012).

I did run with the Fox Valley Marathon training group this weekend. I did well...ran about an 11 and a half / 12 minute mile for 5 miles. Running with strangers makes me super agitated though and I am not sure I will go back. Everyone was nice enough but I am so mental when I run and being with strangers makes me a little nutso and is reminiscent of when I trained with the Boston Marathon runners 10 years ago for the Indianapolis Half Marathon and promptly quit running. My therapist really earns her money with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment