Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day Two - Weight Loss Diary - What The?

So it's Day Two of my daily weight loss diary blog. The last time I weighed myself was Monday morning and I was at 207.4. I weighed myself this morning and I was at 204.6. What the????? Whatever, I'll take it. Can't explain it, but I'll take it.

I'm getting ready to head over to Saturday morning bootcamp, which is always killer, then it's housework and yardwork all day today. Both good calorie burners, though. We're going to the Hop Juice Festival tonight at Two Brothers in Aurora. I will be the DD (designated driver) because I'm off booze until my birthday to help get to the new decade. Should be fun?

1 comment:

  1. My own experience was about numbers too. I remember I needed to reach the magic (for me) number of 180. I thought I wouldn't reach it by my pre-determined date of December 31, 2011. I had 1 year to lose that weight. It took everything I could do to get those last few pounds off my body. I made it with only a about 5 days to spare! I thought once I did that, I would just have to stay at 180 and be happy. How I struggled to do that! Low and behold, for no apparently reason, I kept losing weight. Nothing major, just 1 pound here and then one pound there. I am now down to 167 pounds. Sure it has been 5 months, but still I have taken off 13 additional pounds since that huge struggle to get to 180. I had to change my diet again. I found what works for one doesn't neccessarily work for all. Sometimes, I even have some chocolate, but I've learned to pace myself with the weight loss and be happy with any pound I lose. I am 7 pounds from my goal for 2012. I know how hard those 8 pounds are to get off. I struggled with 3 pounds for months in 2011. On again and off again. I probably lost those 3 pounds 10 times! Keep plugging away. I know some people say not to check the scale daily, but I still do, so if I see a trend moving upward on the scale (even .5 pounds), I know I need to eat less, exercise a bit harder that day, etc. I know you can do this, the number does matter, because it matters to YOU! Good luck and know that we are out here cheering you on. That Triathlon is coming up quickly and I know you will beat the heck out of your time and performance from last year (not to mention you will also beat me)!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete