Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day Five - Weight Loss Diary - Positive Thinking

It's Day Five of my daily weight loss diary blog - 202.4! Holy crap, what the hell is going on? I haven't lost a pound in two months and this week I've lost 5. WTF?

I wish I could say I've been working out like a madwoman and eating nothing but grilled fish and broccoli but that's so far from the truth. I have been working out regularly, but not excessively at all. I have also been very conscience of what I've been eating and logging most of it, but again, not super regimented.

I have to think it's a couple of factors that are contributing to the weight loss. One is booze. I stopped indulging in my wine and Skinnygirl Margaritas on the weekends. It is rare that I ever drink during the week but on the weekends, I love sitting on my deck with my beloved and our friends and drinking wine or cocktails. However, I'm not really a one-glass-of-wine-kinda-girl and I tend to want several glasses. Several glasses usually leads to overeating and I think that has become my cycle the last couple of months. Now, I'm not saying I'll never drink again, but until I get to my goal, I am going to have to stay a teetotaler except for very special occasions. While depressing, I want this change more than I want Sauvignon Blanc (most days at least). Sigh

The other factor, I think, is positive thinking. I know that sounds like I'm an Oprah-drone hippy, but I have to say, I really do believe it. Whether you believe in God, or the Universe, or Budda, or all of it, or whatever it is you believe in, I really feel like me writing this blog and putting it out there that I am going to do this and having some faith is helping me make it happen. I have been in a really bad place the last two months and finally feel like I am coming out of it. Positivity really makes a difference in my life and when I feel positive, positive things happen. I'm not saying I have a vision board and light candles to a picture of size 8 pants or anything, but I am being nicer to myself and focusing on the change in my life rather than what I'm not accomplishing. That has to count for something, right?


3 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to kick-start my weight loss again. I was doing so good too.. Then I just fell off the wagon thinking I had gone far enough. So.. I too am doing this challenge with you from Texas. You are not alone my friend! Cheers ( with my water glass imagining it's Gin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! keep me posted on how you're doing. can't wait to see you at the reunion!

      Delete
    2. Love it! keep me posted on how you're doing. can't wait to see you at the reunion!

      Delete