Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day Twenty-One - Weight Loss Diary Blog - Feeling Good

It's Day Twenty-One of my daily weight loss diary blog. 205.4. Going back down...good!

The weekend and 20 year reunion is looming and I don't want to go completely off the rails like I did last weekend.

I am feeling really nostalgic so I started flipping through all of my old photo albums. I've always loved taking photos and as much as I love digital photography and having everything readily available at my fingertips, I do miss actual photographs and putting together photo albums. I don't have the patience to "scrapbook" per se, but I do love flipping through all of my old albums. And I have a lot of them. I guess I've always been an observer and have always loved documenting life.

I'm actually not in a ton of my own photo albums, it's mostly my friends and family, but it is always fun to look back. What struck me today looking at these photos is how long I have been friends with my closest friends. To look back twenty years and constantly see the same faces is such a comfort.  I am blessed with wonderful group of friends in my life who are smart, beautiful, and hilarious. I'm a lucky girl. Add my husband to that mix and my cup runneth over.

So, I am looking forward to catching up with some other old friends this weekend, seeing what everyone is up to and having a great time. These days, it's easier to keep up with people because of Facebook, etc. but it will be great to actually see everyone in person.

At the end of my run yesterday I started feeling like I pulled a muscle in my right calf. I am babying it today because I don't want to actually injure it. I think it's just a strained muscle but I can't afford an injury right now. Too focused! So, lots of Aleve, ice and staying off of it. I have to teach tonight but I am just going to be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment