Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day Three - Weight Loss Diary - Designate this!

Day Three of the daily weight loss diary blog. 204.4 this morning. It's really early and I'm on my way to run the Ronald McDonald House/Hope Children's Hospital 5K in honor of little Elizabeth Grice, the 3 year old daughter of my dear friend Sandy who we lost on May 20. It's going to be a beautiful and sad day. I'm going for a running PR in honor of this little sweetie pie and her amazing family. They truly are the strongest people I know.

Last night we went to the Hop Juice Fest at Two Brothers Brewery in Aurora and I was the designated driver for my husband and several neighbors. Being the designated driver is an honorable and important job. Oh, and, yeah, it totally sucks. Especially when it includes a late night run to a taco stand. I did have a couple of bites of my husband's burrito and more than a handful of tortilla chips. I called it carb loading for today. Ha! I hope my stomach holds out.

Anyway, downward I go! Wish me luck on the race and please keep the Grice family in your thoughts and prayers today.

BLOG UPDATE!
The 5K was beautiful and fun. The Team Elizabeth runners and walkers were such a wonderful tribute to this darling little girl and her incredible family. The fact that her parents (my friends Sandy and Paulie) were there and did the walk really speaks to how unbelievably strong they are.

I did not PR (was going for 32 minutes) but I still, unofficially, did 33 minutes and 44 seconds, which to me is still a fantastic run! It was tough but I can tell my asthma is getting better.

One of  best parts of this race other than the tribute to Elizabeth was that one of my dear friends, Amy, ran her first 5K. She started using the Couch to 5k app on her iPhone (the active.com app) and she ran the whole thing and sprinted like a bullet into the finish. It was so amazing! She totally rocked it and I was so proud of her!

Me and Amy after the race. She was awesome.

My next race is the Batavia Triathlon this Sunday! I can't believe it's here already. I am so excited and nervous for it. Til tomorrow!

2 comments: