Thursday, June 28, 2012

Days 28 and 29 - Weight Loss Diary Blog - Culinerapy

It's Day 29 of my daily weight loss diary blog - 203.9. Yesterday I weighed in on Meg's scale at 205.7. Last night was my last overnight in the city, for now. I will miss Meg and her wondercat, Moxie. But I will be happy to be home more, that's for sure! Next week is finals and then I start a new quarter with new classes and new students - and a new (AND WAY BETTER) schedule!

I am still babying my calf, icing it and taking Aleve and will try to run on it on Sunday. For now I am doing modified bootcamp (I've been calling it one legged bootcamp) and biking. I am resting today though because it feels like a convection oven outside.

I posted this pic on Facebook earlier - with the post: "Icing my calf with frozen haricot vert and thinking about all of the ways I want to cook them. Culinerapy?"
The real stars of this photo are not the hericot vert, nor my poorly painted toes. Not even my semi-folded laundry. No, they're the beasts...Fifi (orange one on the left) and Pod (on my lap). Talk about therapy!

I actually really like the idea of "Culinerapy" - coping the culinary way. One of the ways I've been working on my weight loss is with my therapist and figuring out coping mechanisms that aren't eating! But maybe there are other things I can do with food to make my life better? Food is already my blessing (my livelihood) and my curse (hello, I wasn't on a show called FAT CHEF for nuthin'). Using frozen hericot vert to ice my calf while developing recipes using the little beauties for upcoming books or newsletters was very productive! 

What other ways can we use food that isn't "eating" it per se? Thoughts my brilliant readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment