Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 15 - Weight Loss Diary - Jamboree

It's Day 15 of my DWLDB - 204.5. Last night's class was a Food Jamboree. I took some pics so you can get a visual of how much food I am surrounded by in this class.

These are my "tasting plates" - each group give me 2-3 small plates that I can taste and critique for grading. Most of these are more than one bite and they are so yummy. On these platters (clockwise starting in upper left corner): Hericot Vert and Fennel Salad, Fried Oyster Po'Boy Sandwich, Jambalaya and Cheddar Grits, Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce, Paneed (fried) Chicken with fresh Fettucine, Leeks with Hollandaise Sauce, Shrimp and Chicken etoufee, Shrimp Bisque, Fried fish with Remoulade Sauce, Glazed Carrots, Red Beans and Rice, Gumbo and Rice. Whew! That's a lot of frickin' food.
Okay, so that's the food that I taste. I try not to eat all of it, but it's damn hard.

This is what the students put out for everyone to eat from:
That's a lot of food!
I'm doing my first training run for the Fox Valley Half Marathon tomorrow with a training group. I'm normally not a fan of running with training groups because I'm slow and it makes me a little mental. Okay, a lot mental. I'll see how the first one goes. It's 5 miles and it's supposed to be hot, but it's at 6:30 a.m. so I think I'll be okay. I've done the distance but not with strangers. I just need to stay focused on me and not worry about anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was going to be there, but you will have one big plus...Pat! I know you can do this, and it will show you that you are not as slow as many others (ME?), so run tall and get it done (early)! I will do it in 2 weeks with you and you can show me your speed and agility then, while I show you my sad sorry look of slow frustration.

    ReplyDelete