Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day Seven - Weight Loss Diary - Bleh

 It's Day Seven of my daily weight loss diary blog. I am at 204.9. Bleh is all I can say. I am not letting myself get mental over it, though.

I am not really working out this week because the Batavia Triathlon is Sunday and I am saving my legs for the 400m Swim, the 14.7 mile bike ride and the 4.1 mile run. Whew, it's going to be tough. I am stressed to say the least.

I am working on keeping my head in the game but it's very difficult to lose weight when you're not working out, unless you are starving yourself and who the hell wants to do that? I couldn't starve myself even if I wanted to (and again, who the hell would want to?) because of my job. I have to taste my students' food for a living and dammit if they aren't all doing really well this quarter and cooking some kick-ass food. Poor me, right?


Be sure to join me and my local "Fat Chef on Food Network" trainer, Chris Hylton of River West Family Fitness at the Batavia Green Walk 2012 on Friday, June 8 from 5-8 in downtown Batavia, Illinois. I'll be doing cooking demonstrations and Chris will lead one of his FAMOUS Bootcamp classes at 6:30 in the bandshell. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, don't let the number get you down, keep focused on the prize at the end...finishing the Tri! I have so worked my butt off to train for this tri (and I know you have done the same), and this week is killing me, 3 lbs. on, 3 lbs. off, my body just doesn't know what to make of this sudden turn back to he good 'ol days of no exercise, just daily living. I am scared because I have NEVER done a tri and I am nowing thinking, "what the heck was I thinkin' signing up for this?!?" I hate heat and its going to be hot, why didn't I consider that in January when I signed on? You will do better than last year (and better than me), and better than all the people that stay home on Sunday (Oh why couldn't I be one of them?).
    Sue

    ReplyDelete