Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day Nineteen - Weight Loss Diary - 20 Years

It's Day Nineteen of my daily weight loss diary blog - 208.1 this morning. Yuck (actually I said a work that rhymes with Yuck but starts with an "F" very loudly this morning when I weighed in). The weekend is really catching up with me.

I did a hard bootcamp last night and went on a long and hot bike ride today. Been logging the grub religiously the last two days and will continue to do so all week.

The problem? My 20 year high school reunion is this weekend at a brewery. Shit. It's going to be a blast...seeing people I haven't seen in 20 years and feeling great about myself. If my reunion was last year at this time, I honestly don't know if I would have gone because I was so miserable about my weight. I probably would have been talked into going but I would have been a wreck about it. Now, I am just happy that I am happy with myself and can concentrate on reconnecting with old friends rather than worrying about if they are going to judge me or not.
Oh the late eighties, early nineties...how tacky you were!


20 years is a very significant number for me. It's about how long I've been struggling with obesity. I was overweight in high school a little but my real issues started my senior year into my freshman year of college when my dad died - 20 years ago. I haven't been under 200 pounds in 20 years. 20 YEARS. It seems like such a long time but it also feels like it went by in a flash. How am I going to my 20 year reunion? It is pretty monumental to me that in this 20th year of my struggles that I am on the road to fixing this issue I have been battling with for so long. 20 years. I hope in 20 years from now, I can look back at this and celebrate 20 years of a healthy life.

4 comments:

  1. Great post Jen! We still have that dress in our basement if you ever want to try it back on. I channeled your spirit today and spent all day gardening, biking, drinking water, and exercising. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job Eri! You are my other "20" milestone since you turned 20 this year! Love you.

      Delete
  2. Love the photo. Have to say, you look much better now. I get the anxiety though, my 35th reunion is this year. I will not be going, I have actually skipped them all. Don't be like me and miss out on that. My friends tell me they are great fun.
    sue

    ReplyDelete