Friday, April 12, 2013

The Long Limp Home...

Wow. Where do I begin? Last time I blogged, I looked like this:


And was recovering from this:


The story is here.

Now, 5 months since my accident and surgery, I am finally finding my way home. Home to exercise and fitness. Home to a healthy life. Who knew that I would be HOME on the running path. Who knew I would be HOME getting my ass kicked in bootcamp at the gym. But I'm home and it's been a long, painful road to get here. But all roads lead home, don't they? Actually, I think the saying is all roads lead to Rome, but in my case, they've lead home. Even with the detours like a broken and busted up ankle, being depressed from not being able to walk for 2 months, or run for 5 months or not being able to fit into anything but yoga pants.

Well, I'm back. It took me a really long time to get here, but I am back running, swimming, biking. I. AM. BACK.

It hurts a little, but I am doing it. Very, very slowly, but running, swimming and biking nonetheless. I'm about 20 pounds heavier than when I was at my lowest weight, but I am slowly taking it off. Just like I am slowly getting back to fitness.

I have been struggling so much with food, emotions, stress...I started to revert to old habits. The difference between now and when I would gain weight before is that I am stopping it early and will never get back here:



I am not here right now (20 pounds ago):


More like here (20 pounds heavier)

But I'm with Andy Cohen so that makes it all a little better!
So, I have been depressed, and being depressed makes it hard to be healthy. I woke up last Sunday feeling bluer than blue and heavier than I've been in a while and woke up to this on my last blog:


This comment from Psyche Steph completely snapped me back into reality. I signed up for the Batavia Triathlon and rejoined the pool. I am back running and am hopeful... not to go back to where I was before, but to become an even better, stronger, faster.

Next it recommitting to a healthy diet. I have been doing great this week. This sign in my kitchen helps:

Whatever works, right?
So, thanks for sticking by me. Thanks for believing in me. Thanks for going on this journey with me. I'm baaaaaaack! xo


1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up hon, and know you have friends. I know we only ran once, but I would love to get to know you better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete