Monday, February 10, 2014

40 by 40

40 by 40. No, those aren't my measurements (but they’re close, unfortunately). Nope, those numbers are my new goal. You see, I am turning 40 in July…that’s five, gasp, months from now.

I really can’t believe that I am turning 40 because most days, I still feel like this:


Baby chef in the making. I'm actually still as messy when I cook.

Although some days I feel like this:



But if I want to be like this when I grow up:



Then I need to get my ass in gear.

So, that's the plan. 40 pounds in 20 weeks. That's a healthy 2 pounds a week and will put me at a weight lower than I was my senior year of high school.

I can honestly say that I feel better right now, at this very moment, than I ever have in my life. Which is a great, positive place to start. So, if I can reach my goal (or even get close to it) I can welcome 40 with open arms rather than a bitch slap.

This has been a nice part of winter...learning to Snowshoe. Still effin cold though.

Truly, though, I am not really that afraid of turning 40, I just wouldn't mind time slowing down a wee bit. Summer can hurry up and get here, though. I've had it with this winter crap.

Seriously. Stop.

If anyone wants to join me in pursuit of fitness, you can friend me on Lose It (loseit.com or Lose It App for iPhone and Android). Send a friend request to jenlamplough@gmail.com from the app and let me know what your goal is. We can do this!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it Jen!! SEriously - not sure how many people I could say that about, but if anyone could set that kind of crazy-ass goal and reach it, it's you. I'll be cheering you on - and hopefully joining you in losing a few too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Jen!
    I love the lady in the doorway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this! You're such an amazing woman, and you continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete