Tuesday, July 3, 2012

LAST DAY - Weight Loss Diary Blog - Birth Day

It's my last day of my DAILY weight loss diary blog. My weight - 203.7. I didn't reach my goal of getting below 200 by my birthday and that...well, that sucks.

I have to say, though, while I am feeling a little blue today because I didn't reach this goal, I don't have the birthday blues. Some people get depressed on their birthdays because they are getting older. I, however, feel better than I have in many, many years. So on this, my 38th birthday, I am proud, excited, reflective and nervous about the upcoming year.

What a difference a year makes!

In the last year I've done almost 10 races (5K - 8K, triathlon), lost 60 pounds, was on the Food Network, will celebrate my 5 year wedding anniversary, became President of the Chicago Chapter of Les Dames d'Escoffier, changed jobs, celebrated my 20 year high school reunion, am going in to my 8th year of having my monthly Dinner Club, celebrated 25 and 27 years of friendship with my two best friends and have had more fun and worked harder than I have in a long, long time.

I'm nervous about the upcoming year because I have some big demands on me professionally that I will have to balance with getting these last 40 pounds off and trying to have a family. I hope I can have it all.

Thanks for sticking with me on this (mostly) daily weight loss journal. I am going to go back to blogging weekly. This daily thing was too much for me and I think I will be much better off talking weekly about my training, weight loss, diet and exercise plans and the crazy stuff that always seems to happen along the way. Your support and encouragement means more to me that I could ever express in this blog. Thanks for pulling for me and believing in me. I couldn't do this without you! xo 


7 comments:

  1. What a year!!! Happy Birthday! You deserve a celebration. See you tomorrow without gooey butter cake this year :)
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful year. I'm so very glad that you're my daughter in law. You are a consistent inspiration and joy in our family.

    love you,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. You fit alot into a year, that's for sure! Here's to many more filled with fun and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great accomplishment!! U have so much to be proud of!!! You are wonderful person!!!! Keep working hard and inspiring others!!! Happy new year to u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You did something amazing and you can be so proud of your hard work and determination.

    Look at it this way -- if you reached your goal for your birthday, you'd be celebrating both events on one day. Now when you lose those stubborn 3 pounds, you'll have another day to celebrate. And when you reach your ultimate goal - yet another celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, don't feel so bad about bot reaching your goal on your birthday. This can be a reason to plan another celebration. Go for it, girl!

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete